So it’s unseasonably chilly and new collections have been arriving in the boutique, which can only mean one thing – autumn is almost upon us! Before you dash out to the shops and splurge, here’s our tips on what’s hot this autumn.
Before we even get into trends and styles, our number 1 rule is to dress for your shape, which can sometimes mean the latest trend or fad isn’t for you. Dressing for your shape will flatter, fill you with confidence and generally make you look and feel the gorgeous person that you are.
We’ve picked 5 autumn trends for you to try and how to try them
1. Invest in a patterned dress. Don’t be shy this autumn and stand out in some pattern. Now, you need to consider the size of pattern in relation to the size of your body frame. For example, if you’re petite choose small prints because large prints will swamp you whilst if (like me) you’ve got a grand frame you can opt for bigger or more bold prints. If you’re average, then you can wear either! One of our current favourites in store right now is by Sketch and is a gorgeous khaki snake print – only £55! We also can’t wait for this super Fever dress in pink & sapphire.
2. Pastel colours, including pink, are on trend for autumn again and right into next Spring, so are a good investment. Pink coats are big again this season, like this one we’ve got due in by Kling. However, pastel colours do not suit everyone – instead, nod to the trend through accessories or handbags. Like your handbags, then pop to a fellow indie boutique in Edinburgh called Covet!
3. Tartan or Plaid – I’m not sure I can recall when this never looks good in autumn or winter! It just makes you feel all cosy. Again, be mindful that not everyone suits tartan or the often heavy fabric so feel free to just buy a scarf or bag or look for lighter fabrics with tartan print. Kling and Fever have come up trumps for us this season – we love the fun, obvious tartan Kilng dress and the grown-up plaid wool trousers by Fever, choose which suits you!
4. The 60s continues to reign! Think a-line skirts and shift dresses worn with boots and boxy handbags. Pointy flats shoes will also look great and perhaps offer more comfort! If you’re a fuller through the hip be careful to find more fluid fabrics so you don’t add extra width. This trend has been with us throughout spring and summer this year so we have a couple of sale bargains like this Kling dress now £47.20 (only 2 left). Wear with a big, bold, statement necklace as this trend also continues.
5. Blue – in every shade imaginable! This is great because it means every woman can wear this trend in garments and shades that suit her specifically! We’ve got new styles arriving in blue (like this fab Petite Bateau dark navy jersey dress) and lots of options in our sale for you, like this light blue wrap dress. shades.
Hopefully this has given you a bit of insight into the forthcoming season and also the help and service you can expect here at Just g Boutique. We absolutely love helping out! You can read what some of our customers think on our Facebook page.